September 2, 2008

College

Well, I made it. University of Maryland, James A. Clark School of Engineering, its the first day of school, and they weren't kidding when they said you could get internet anywhere here. Well, in a perfect world the fancy laptop, constant internet, and occasional downtime will inspire me to start writing in here more then once a month. We'll see how that goes though.

This place is..honestly, exactly how I expected it to be. Its kind of nice knowing that around 10,000 kids are wandering around as lost as you are. I'm hanging around here after school, trying to get oriented a little bit and maybe hang out with some on campus kids. That will be neat.

My engineering class was cool, I think that's gonna be fun. Lego Mindstorms powering a hovercraft..right up my alley. We got out early, so Ive still got 45 minutes till English. Its a rhetoric class! In the engineering lab building! How ironic!!

..that was horrible.

Anyways, I'll be glad to know while I'm learning about such things as irony, they'll be splitting atoms and firing radioactive rays at us across the hall. Sweet.

I think being here is still sinking in a bit. Once I get used to things, I think I may really like it.. I'm a college student. That's bizarre.

Anyways, I'm gonna go browse the interwebs for a bit till my next class starts, Hopefully you'll hear from me a bit more.

No comments: